Founded at the beginning of the 20th century, First Sarasota was organized by five charter members on March 23, 1902 when the community known as Sarasota was little more than a quaint fishing village without roads or railroad connections.
The first Sanctuary, now serving as a chapel, was dedicated December 14, 1924. Property immediately east of the church on Main Street was purchased in 1951 and the present Sanctuary cornerstone was laid May 29, 1962. On June 4, 1980, architects were hired for the construction of a Family Life Center and Education building, which is located adjacent to the northeast corner of the Sanctuary building. During the last decade additional property has been purchased on the south side of Main Street as well as properties that are continuous with the present campus.
See how we view God, Jesus, the Bible, man, and many significant aspects of our faith. Firmly rooted in Scripture, the beliefs of First Sarasota guide our decisions as a church.